Monday 17 July 2017

Gav Thorpe - David Gemmell Award Winner

Well done Mr Thorpe...I now regret all the things I said about that Chaos Space Marine codex he wrote...well...some of them...

Warbeast won the David Gemmell Legend Award for Fantasy
Gav drinking a cup of tea
Warbeast Won!
Last night I attended the David Gemmell Legend Awards, along with Black Library representatives Kate Hamer, Hannah Hughes and Rachel Harrison.
I was quite frankly stunned into silence when my name was read out (and if you've met me you'll know how unusual that is) and the rest of the night is a bit of a blur.
I'll be writing a blog post for my website shortly, but I wanted to send this quick email as I suspect the support I've had from my subscribers made all the difference. So a huge thank you to every single one of you who took the time to vote for me in both the longlist and shortlist - your support is really appreciated.
You can see me wielding my very cool trophy axe in this video.
Video of Gav with his new shiny axe!
So thank you once again, you are all wonderful people.
Cheers,
Gav
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails